Primary total knee & total hip replacement
Anterior total hip replacement (Jiffy Hip)
Robotic assisted hip and knee surgery
Revision and complex hip and knee replacement
Partial (uni) knee replacement
Knee and shoulder arthroscopy
Meet Dr. Grabill
Scott E. Grabill, DO
Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon Joint Replacement Specialist
Dr. Scott Grabill joined SMOC with extensive experience as a total joint replacement specialist. Before joining SMOC, Dr. Grabill served 13 years active duty in the US Navy. Dr. Grabill is an expert in joint replacement and reconstruction surgery, having most recently served as the Chairman of Orthopaedic Adult Reconstruction Surgery at the prestigious Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD. After supporting combat troops in Afghanistan as an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Grabill completed advanced joint replacement fellowship training at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic. Using the latest technologies from his training, Dr. Grabill helped train our next generation of orthopaedic surgeons at the military’s largest teaching hospital.
In his spare time, Dr. Grabill enjoys spending time with his wife and two children. His interests include fishing, running, sporting events, and coaching his children’s athletic teams. Dr. Grabill and his family are active members of their local church.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Biology. Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Orthopaedic Surgery, Naval Medical Center, Portsmouth, VA
- Chairman of Adult Reconstruction Surgery at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
- Commander, United States Navy Orthopaedic Surgeon, Naval Hospital Jacksonville, FL
- Medical Officer, USS Iwo Jima (LHD-7), Norfolk, VA
- Independent Medical Examiner, Objective Medical Assessment Corporation, Seattle, WA
- Medical school honors (top 3% of his class)
- Osteoarthritis and osteoporosis clinical research at GlaxoSmithKline
- US Joint Service Achievement Medals 2005, 2015
- US Navy Commendation Medals 2006, 2010
- US Navy Achievement Medals 2005, 2011
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Assistant Professor of Surgery at Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences
- American Osteopathic Association
- Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons
Dr. Grabill is excited about robotic assisted knee and hip replacement, which will allow surgeons to plan and perform the surgery to the most exact patient specifications. He is also increasingly utilizing porous metal technology to allow press-fit cementless implantation of joint replacements.
SAY “YES” TO LIFE WITHOUT LIMITS
CALL 757-547-5145 to speak to someone right away
or use our easy online form, and a member of our team will contact you to confirm.