General Symptoms of Shoulder Injuries
While many shoulder injuries are caused by athletic activity such as tennis, baseball, and swimming, everyday activities like reaching for something can also cause an injury. Just because you don’t remember injuring it at any specific time, doesn’t mean it’s not injured.
Some common symptoms of a larger back issue may be:
- Intense Pain
- Limited Arm Movement or Inability to Move Joint at All
- Significant Decrease in Shoulder Strength
- Loss of Feeling or Prolonged Feeling of “pins and needles” (paresthesia)
SMOC is the best resource in determining the management options for patient care from conservative non-invasive treatments such as simple exercises to surgical procedures.
Physical Signs You Should Seek the Care of a SMOC Physician Immediately:
- Severe/Sudden Swelling (oedema) or Substantial Stiffness
- Abnormal Lump or Bulge
- Deformity in Shoulder Joint
- Audible “Pop” or “Crack” in the Shoulder
Treatments Available From SMOC
SMOC physicians have extensive experience in back injuries and can both diagnose and treat your injury.
- Rotator Cuff Surgery
- Physical Therapy
- Shoulder Surgery Instability
- Joint Replacement (Arthroplasty)
- Dislocated Shoulder Reduction